Staying motivated to do the daily business ‘things’ is hard work all on its own.
As business owners, we need to do those tasks on a daily basis that don’t fill our tanks and bring us joy. So what can we do to get through the daily tasks that need to be done?
I love listening to Podcasts, they help remind me that one I am not alone and that two I need to get off my bum even when I don’t want to.
In my newsletter this week, I wrote about how I got so very lost on my journey in February. It was so bad actually, that I felt like I woke up last week and went where’s February?
So, I implemented a few things to help keep me on track and keep me out of trouble.
How can you avoid this trap of losing motivation and getting sidetracked by bright and shiny objects? Here are some of the tips that I was given and what I have implemented.
- Get help
- Keep your “Why” visible, a “post-it” on your computer or print it out and stick it on the wall
- Put your Goals on a page that you can refer to often and each time you want to try a new shiny object, ask your self does doing this serve growth towards your goal
- Don’t hit the snooze button in the morning
- Make a to-do list, time block the important goal orientated tasks, those things that you need to do to move you closer to your goals.
- Ensure that you make time to do the essential things that keep your business turnover well turning over
- Get out and get moving, YES, I mean exercise – small 30 min sets daily will keep your mind focused
- Eat right, I don’t mean that you need to Diet (it’s actually a swear word for me). Include a salad at lunchtime, don’t skip meals, eat fruit and yoghurt – your mind and body will thank you
The snooze button thing was the biggest challenge and change for me. I would hit it twice each morning, then have to rush and fight with the mini person and all this morning conflict really took its toll on my overall personality for the day. It left me grumpy and cross for the rest of the morning, now I get up when the alarm goes off, regardless of how badly I slept that night. Coffee is my friend, it means I have 15 min or so before the mini awakens to get myself together. Which equals less frustration and less stress and less fighting to get us all out the door in the morning. Bonus, I might be a little tired, but I am not grumpy.
This led me finally getting around to putting my bookkeeping pricing together. Keep an eye on my social for the launch of my package prices and how we can tailor them to meet your businesses needs.
I have a passion for making order out of chaotic numbers and papers. With 20 years experience, I have mastered getting those admin ducks to obey and stay in their rows.